Wedding Venue Quotes
A new venue for 2015. Come and see it for yourself at our wedding fair, Sunday 17 May.
Why choose Houchins?
Houchins is an elegant Grade 2* listed farmhouse with beautiful and comfortable accommodation for the bridal party and a splendid new barn complex. Houchins caters for weddings and civil ceremonies from 25 - 150+ people, offering a choice of indoor grandeur, outdoor simplicity or a combination of the two.
Houchins has been four years in planning. It is run by Adam and Anna Dixon-Smith who have over ten years experience operating Dove Barn, their wedding barn near Sudbury in Suffolk. Adam grew up at Houchins and is determined that no-one will leave without sharing his happy memories of the place! He and his team of wedding and event planners are on hand to make sure that each wedding meets the expectations of every bride and groom.
Houchins Wedding Venue offers:
- Exclusive private use of the whole venue for the day of your wedding
- Civil ceremonies, both indoor and outside for up to 110 people
- Reception parties with seating for 150+ people
- Overnight accommodation in the historic, listed farmhouse – previous guests are reputed to include Oliver Cromwell and silent film siren,Tallulah Bankhead!
- Stunning gardens and grounds for photographs and relaxation
- Easy access. Houchins is just 1 mile east of Coggeshall, with direct access from the A120. It is approximately 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, 35 minutes from Stansted Airport and 1hr 20 minutes from Central London
Houchins is now available for viewings every Saturday and Sunday afternoon and at other times by arrangement. Please contact us to fix your appointment.
Houchins Next Wedding Open Day
Sunday 19th May, 11am - 3pm
Our recommended caterers will be on-site offering tasty ideas and inspiration!
Please come and join us at our next Wedding Open Day. It's the perfect opportunity to get to know our exclusive venue, have a look around the listed farmhouse accommodation and meet a selection of our preferred wedding partners.
Our award-winning wedding team will be on-hand to chat through your plans and explain how Houchins works to make your wedding extra special.
Visit Dove Barn, our sister venue, just 30 minutes from Houchins.
Dove Barn is where our wedding business started in 2002.
A charming, rustic barn just behind the historic Castlings Hall near Sudbury in South Suffolk needed restoring and we took on that challenge. Since 2002 we have held over 300 weddings at Dove Barn and it has variously been described as 'quirky', 'laid-back', 'a hidden gem of a venue' and 'full of rural calm'. If you are looking for a unique venue just off the beaten track take a look at our website:
Up to £1000 off new bookings for 2019 weddings!
An Extra Special Offer. Save £1,000* off the price of your venue hire on remaining weekends in 2019.
Book your wedding for any remaining weekend dates (Friday, Saturday, Sunday & BH Mondays) in 2019 to save £1,000!
All remaining Thursdays - save £500.00 off the venue hire
*subject to availability, terms & conditions.