Houchins is looking for a Bar Manager to be responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the bar at Houchins wedding venue.
The right candidate will be responsible for operating and managing all aspects of the bar for the upcoming 2020 wedding season and beyond. Previous experience in the weddings market is a benefit but not esstential.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Stock control and ordering stock from our regular suppliers
- Management and co-ordination of the bar staff roster. This entails working with part-time staff and organising the work shifts
- Bar hygiene, cleaning and maintenance of the cellar equipment
- Cash management for each individual event
- Night manager with the responsibility for seeing all guests off site and securing the venue before leaving
The right candidate will have previous experience in hospitality and bar services, be an enthusiastic team player with a commitment to delivering service excellence to each and every one of our demanding clients. He or she will have an easy going manner and be flexible enough to get involved in all aspects of operating a busy, award winning wedding venue.
We are particularly busy during May to the end of September and there will be certain times when you will be required to work longer than our usual core operating hours.
We will discuss options for how you will be able to help Houchins meet this business requirement which may include time off in lieu, flexible or annualised hours.
A competitive salary awaits the right candidate.
Houchins is an equal opportunities employer.
Interested candidates should apply with a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Gardener & plantsman/women, 1-2 days per week.
Houchins is looking for a knowledgeable gardener to oversee and maintain the gardens at our award winning Wedding Venue, just outside Coggeshall. The role is a flexible 1-2 days a week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- good knowledge of flowers and plants
- good knowledge of current husbandry methods & techniques
- a passion for maintaining and improving the gardens at the venue
- the ability to work pro-actively either alone or as part of the wider events team
Previous gardening experience is essential but we would also welcome a newly qualified horticulturalist who has a strong work ethic and determination to make an immediate impact on the gardens. The right candidate will be a self-starter who is also happy to work as part of a wider team, all dedicated to providing service excellence to our many clients.
A competitive contract will be paid for the right per person.
This is a role for a hard working plantsman/women, NOT a grass cutting groundsman!
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV (details of experience) to:
Adam Dixon-Smith, Houchins Farm Office, Coggeshall, Essex, CO6 1RT
Or via email: [email protected]
Houchins is an equal opportunities employer