Heritage made modern.
Houchins is a traditional venue with a modern twist.
We look forward to welcoming you .
Why choose Houchins?
Houchins is an elegant and comfortable Grade 2* listed farmhouse with a rich history dating back to the 15th century. Houchins prides itself on being one of the most original wedding venues in Essex with luxurious listed accommodation for the bridal party and a lovingly-restored wedding barn designed in an unique modern style.
Houchins is a family-run business and our dedicated team prides itself on delivering outstanding levels of service to make your wedding day dreams come true. Whether you would like a church or civil ceremony, summer or winter wedding, indoor grandeur or outdoor simplicity Houchins caters for it all from 25 - 150+ guests.
Have a look around the Gallery, to see for yourself and then take a look at the great offers we have for 2018 on our Special Offers page. To check which dates are still available look on the Availability page and then Contact Us so we can show you around our stunning venue and help plan your special day.
Houchins Wedding Venue offers:
- Exclusive private use of the whole venue for the day of your wedding
- Civil ceremonies, both indoor and outside for up to 110 people
- Reception parties with seating for 150+ people
- Overnight accommodation in the historic, listed farmhouse for 16 friends and family
- A separate, secluded Honeymoon Lodge for the married couple adjacent to the farmhouse
- Stunning gardens and grounds for photographs, games and relaxation
- Easy access. Houchins is just 1 mile east of Coggeshall, with direct access from the A120. It is approximately 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, 35 minutes from Stansted Airport and 1hr 20 minutes from Central London
Please note our next event is our Open Evening on 18th October, 2017 6pm - 9pm do come along and meet the team and see the venue.
Houchins Next Open Day
Sunday 15th April, 11am - 3pm
Our caterers will be on site offering even more wedding inspiration!
Please come and visit us at our next Open Day to have a look around the listed farmhouse accommodation, see our beautiful venue and meet a discrete selection of our preferred wedding partners.
Our team will be on hand to chat through your plans and explain how Houchins works to make your wedding extra special.
Dove Barn, our sister venue, just 30 minutes from Houchins.
Dove Barn is where our wedding business started in 2002.
A charming, rustic barn just behind the historic Castlings Hall near Sudbury in South Suffolk needed restoring and we took on that challenge. Since 2002 we have held over 300 weddings at Dove Barn and it has variously been described as 'quirky', 'laid-back', 'a hidden gem of a venue' and 'full of rural calm'. If you are looking for a unique venue just off the beaten track take a look at our website:
2018 Special Offer
An Extra Special Offer for 2018. Save £1,000 off the price of your wedding in 2018
Book your wedding for selected dates in 2018 to save £1,000.
This offer is only available for selected dates listed on our 2018 Special Offers page and terms and conditions apply.