Heritage made modern.
Houchins is a traditional venue with a modern twist.
We look forward to welcoming you .
Why choose Houchins?
Houchins is an elegant and comfortable Grade 2* listed farmhouse with a rich history dating back to the 15th century. Houchins prides itself on being one of the most original wedding venues in Essex with luxurious listed accommodation for the bridal party and a lovingly-restored wedding barn designed in an unique modern style.
Houchins is a family-run business and our dedicated team prides itself on delivering outstanding levels of service to make your wedding day dreams come true. Whether you would like a church or civil ceremony, summer or winter wedding, indoor grandeur or outdoor simplicity Houchins caters for it all from 25-150+ guests.
Have a look around the Gallery, to see for yourself and then take a look at the great offers we have for remaining available dates in 2020 on our Special Offers page. To check which dates are still available look on the Availability page and then Contact Us so we can show you around our stunning venue and help plan your special day.
Houchins Wedding Venue offers:
- Exclusive private use of the whole venue for the day of your wedding
- Civil ceremonies, both indoor and outside for up to 110 people
- Reception parties with seating for 150+ people
- Overnight accommodation in the historic, listed farmhouse for 16 friends and family
- A separate, secluded Honeymoon Lodge for the married couple adjacent to the farmhouse
- Stunning gardens and grounds for photographs, games and relaxation
- Easy access. Houchins is just 1 mile east of Coggeshall, with direct access from the A120. It is approximately 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, 35 minutes from Stansted Airport and 1hr 20 minutes from Central London
Due to the current Covid19 lock down please note our next Open Day on Sunday, 19th April, 2020 is CANCELLED. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes and look forward to welcoming you to Houchins as soon as we can.