Heritage made modern.
Houchins is a traditional venue with a modern twist.
We look forward to welcoming you .
Why choose Houchins?
Houchins is an elegant Grade 2* listed farmhouse with beautiful and comfortable accommodation for the bridal party and a splendid new barn complex. Houchins caters for weddings and civil ceremonies from 25 - 150+ people, offering a choice of indoor grandeur, outdoor simplicity or a combination of the two.
Houchins is run by Adam and Anna Dixon-Smith who have over ten years experience operating Dove Barn, their wedding barn near Sudbury in Suffolk. Adam grew up at Houchins and is determined that no-one will leave without sharing his happy memories of the place! He and his team of wedding and event planners are on hand to make sure that each wedding meets the expectations of every bride and groom.
Houchins Wedding Venue offers:
- Exclusive private use of the whole venue for the day of your wedding
- Civil ceremonies, both indoor and outside for up to 110 people
- Reception parties with seating for 150+ people
- Overnight accommodation in the historic, listed farmhouse – previous guests are reputed to include Oliver Cromwell and silent film siren,Tallulah Bankhead!
- Stunning gardens and grounds for photographs and relaxation
- Easy access. Houchins is just 1 mile east of Coggeshall, with direct access from the A120. It is approximately 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, 35 minutes from Stansted Airport and 1hr 20 minutes from Central London
Please note our next event is our Wedding Fair on 17th September, 2017 11am - 4pm do come along and meet the team and see the venue.
Open Evening, 6-9pm on Tuesday 29th August.
Please drop-in to see Houchins 'dressed' for a summer wedding.
We look forward to welcoming you to Houchins to show you the venue and discuss your wedding plans.
Our team will be on hand to chat informally with you and explain how Houchins works to make your wedding extra special. In addition our caterers and other preferred suppliers will be on site offering even more wedding inspiration!
No appointment is necessary so you can just drop in after work!
Dove Barn, our sister venue, just 30 minutes from Houchins.
Wedding Show, Sunday 2nd April, 11am-3pm. Free entry and goodie bag for all brides.
Dove Barn is where our wedding business started in 2002. A charming, rustic barn just behind the historic Castlings Hall near Sudbury in South Suffolk needed restoring and we took on that challenge. Since 2002 we have held over 300 weddings at Dove Barn and it has variously been described as 'quirky', 'laid-back', 'a hidden gem of a venue' and 'full of rural calm'. If you are looking for a unique venue just off the beaten track take a look at our website:
2018 Special Offer
An Extra Special Offer for 2018. Save £1,000 off the price of your wedding in 2018
Book your wedding for selected dates in 2018 before 5pm on 7th August to save £1,000.
This offer is only available for selected dates listed on our 2018 Special Offers page (listed under the Pricing tab) and terms and conditions apply.