Heritage made modern.
Houchins is a traditional venue with a modern twist.
We look forward to welcoming you in 2016.
Why choose Houchins?
Houchins is an elegant Grade 2* listed farmhouse with beautiful and comfortable accommodation for the bridal party and a splendid new barn complex. Houchins caters for weddings and civil ceremonies from 25 - 150+ people, offering a choice of indoor grandeur, outdoor simplicity or a combination of the two.
Houchins is run by Adam and Anna Dixon-Smith who have over ten years experience operating Dove Barn, their wedding barn near Sudbury in Suffolk. Adam grew up at Houchins and is determined that no-one will leave without sharing his happy memories of the place! He and his team of wedding and event planners are on hand to make sure that each wedding meets the expectations of every bride and groom.
Houchins Wedding Venue offers:
- Exclusive private use of the whole venue for the day of your wedding
- Civil ceremonies, both indoor and outside for up to 110 people
- Reception parties with seating for 150+ people
- Overnight accommodation in the historic, listed farmhouse – previous guests are reputed to include Oliver Cromwell and silent film siren,Tallulah Bankhead!
- Stunning gardens and grounds for photographs and relaxation
- Easy access. Houchins is just 1 mile east of Coggeshall, with direct access from the A120. It is approximately 15 minutes from Colchester and Braintree, 35 minutes from Stansted Airport and 1hr 20 minutes from Central London
Please call to arrange a viewing.
Please note our next Open Evening is on Wednesday 15th June 2016 5.30pm - 8.30pm.
Celebrate at Houchins this year.
Get into the festive spirit at Houchins this Christmas. Enjoy complimentary arrival drinks, a 3 course dinner and then dance the night away from just £43.00 (ex VAT) per head......
Dove Barn, our sister venue, just 30 minutes from Houchins.
Wedding Show, Sunday 10 April, 11am-3pm. Free entry and goodie bag for all brides.
Dove Barn is where our wedding business started in 2002. A charming, rustic barn just behind the historic Castlings Hall near Sudbury in South Suffolk needed restoring and we took on that challenge. Since 2002 we have held over 300 weddings at Dove Barn and it has variously been described as 'quirky', 'laid-back', 'a hidden gem of a venue' and 'full of rural calm'. If you are looking for a unique venue just off the beaten track take a look our website:
And we still have some availaibility for 2016!
Next Open Event
Tuesday 12th July 2016, 5.30 - 8.30pm.
Come and see Houchins set up for an early summer wedding. Our team will be on hand to show you the venue and accommodation and to discuss your plans in more detail. Other preferred suppliers will also be at Houchins. We look forward to seeing you then, if not sooner by appointment.